FAQ for Weddings & Events
Q: What types of events do you perform for?
A: Whether as background music or as a featured performer, I play acoustic guitar and sing for:
- Weddings (the following can be booked individually or combined for a longer booking)
- Ceremony music (typically 60-75 minutes total - 30 minutes of prelude music while guests arrive, processional, bridal march, optional mid-ceremony music, recessional song, and then a few more songs while guests exit)
- Cocktail hour music
- Dinner music
- First dance and/or parent dances
- Corporate events and functions
- St. Patrick's Day parties and celebrations (solo or with additional Irish musicians)
- Christmas events and concerts
- Birthday, anniversary, graduation, and other parties
- Memorial and funeral services
- Concerts for senior centers and assisted living homes
- Concerts and educational programs for kids
Q: Do you take requests?
A: I'm happy to take 1 special request per event (2 might be possible depending on the songs and the time of year), learned and arranged just for you. Songs can even be tailored and customized! All special requests are subject to my discretion, so I encourage clients to tell me before booking what they might have in mind.
I'm also happy to accompany a friend or family member who wants to sing as part of your event.
Q: Do you have your own sound equipment?
A: Yes! I use a Bose tower for gatherings such as cocktail hours and parties of 75-150 people, as well as a larger PA that works better for 150-200 person groups. For smaller parties and for ceremonies, I have a battery-powered guitar & voice amplifier (it can also be used in locations like beaches and parks where there is no access to power).
Q: Where are you based? Do you travel?
A: I live right in Boston, but I'm happy to go just about anywhere! I don't charge extra for anything within 25 miles of home. Beyond that, I do ask a bit extra to cover gas/toll/parking costs. If it's far enough away to require flying or if booking overnight accommodations is necessary, I would ask that you cover those costs as well.
Q: Do you perform with other musicians?
A: Yes, but really only when playing Irish music. I currently do not have a band for playing cover songs or classical pieces, and all bookings are considered solo unless otherwise negotiated.
If you're interested in having Irish music at your event, listen to my Irish band The Ivy Leaf's album to get a taste of our group sound. We're a great fit for St. Patrick's Day parties and events, or for anyone of Irish descent who wants to honor their heritage with traditional music at their wedding!
Q: Do you play for LGBTQ ceremonies?
A: Of course!
Q: We're still looking for an officiant/DJ/videographer/etc. Do you have any recommendations?
A: Sure do! Here are some of the great folks I've worked with and highly recommend. Many of the photos in my wedding section come from various amazing New England wedding photographers - be sure to hover over them to see who snapped the shot!