Classical & Instrumental Music
My repertoire of instrumental acoustic guitar arrangements - including some of the classical wedding standards, film score melodies, instrumental renditions of popular songs, and recently composed Celtic-style pieces - is an appropriate choice for wedding ceremonies, funeral and memorial services, or any event where you'd like a mellow vocal-free performance.
- Use "Command-F" to quickly see if a song you're after is already in my repertoire.
- Wedding clients: All of these make great wedding ceremony processionals and/or recessionals, and can be sped up or slowed down as needed.
- Air On The G String - Bach
- Canon in D - Pachelbel
- Here Comes the Bride - Wagner
- I Saw Three Ships - Traditional
- Jesu, Joy Of Man’s Desiring - Bach
- Prelude in C Major (Ave Maria) - Bach
- Sheep May Safely Graze - Bach
Film Score Melodies
- Married Life from Up - Michael Giacchino, arr. Kevin Nash
- Once Upon a Time/Storybook Love from The Princess Bride
Not every cover song I play works well as a guitar instrumental, but many more do than the ones I have listed below. If there's anything from my Acoustic Cover repertoire you'd prefer to hear as an instrumental, let me know.
- Blackbird - The Beatles
- Can't Help Falling In Love - Elvis
- Falling Slowly - Glen Hansard (Swell Season)
- Hallelujah - Leonard Cohen
- Here Comes The Sun - The Beatles
- Here, There & Everywhere - The Beatles
- Hymne - Vangelis
- I’ll Be Here In the Morning - Townes Van Zandt
- King & Lionheart - Of Monsters and Men
- Love Me Tender - Elvis Presley
- My Sweet Potato - Booker T. & the MGs
- A Thousand Years - Christina Perri
- Trapeze Swinger - Iron & Wine
Modern Celtic Melodies
These are just a few of the recently composed Celtic style tunes that work well alongside classical and contemporary material. For more traditional instrumental Celtic samples, check out my Celtic Music For Ceremonies page.
- The Island of Woods - Liz Carroll
- Laureen’s Tune - Shooglenifty
- Lindsay – Archie Fisher, arr. John Renbourn