Concerts for Senior Citizens
I love bringing my repertoire of Irish and American folk songs, beloved oldies, and classic country songs to audiences at senior centers, assisted living communities, nursing homes and adult day programs all over Southeastern New England!
I can offer a variety of different programs suitable to the audience, setting, and the time of year. During the month of March I often present concerts of traditional Irish ballads and classic Irish-American sing-alongs. In December, I love leading audiences in singing carols and popular 20th-century Christmas songs. Year-round, I enjoy performing a variety of familiar early and mid-20th century country, folk, and pop songs.
Depending on the setting, the performance can be a typical concert, with informative banter, audience interaction, and sing-alongs, with a lot of focus on fun songs with vocals that will be recognizable to senior audiences. If you're looking for more of a therapeutic, background music performance, the focus can be on relaxing, mellow instrumental (no vocals) selections, such as classical pieces and traditional Celtic airs and waltzes, with little to no banter.
I'm also working on learning some songs in Spanish. Be sure to let me know if you have any Spanish-speaking residents so I can include a song for them in my performance!
I've performed at nursing homes and assisted living communities all over eastern & central Massachusetts and Rhode Island. I provide my own small sound system. I primarily perform solo, but for some special occasions I can contract an additional Irish musician (fiddle, accordion, etc.) to perform with me.
Get in touch by phone at 617-651-0892 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you want to learn more!
Special holiday concerts available for:
Christmas | St. Patrick's Day | Mother's and Father's Day | July 4th | Valentine's Day
Sample Set Lists:
Popular Songs Concert (year-round): Tennessee Waltz, Between the Devil & the Deep Blue Sea, You Are My Sunshine, Over the Rainbow, You Belong to Me, Stand By Me, Keep on the Sunny Side, Crazy, Beyond the Sea, What a Wonderful World, Blue Moon, La Vie En Rose, Besame Mucho, Simple Gifts, Edelweiss, Love Letters in the Sand, and others
St. Patrick's Day Concert (March): Danny Boy, When Irish Eyes Are Smiling, I'll Take You Home Again Kathleen, Wild Rover, My Wild Irish Rose, I'll Tell Me Ma, Red Is the Rose, Molly Malone, A Mother's Love's A Blessing, Too Ra Loo Ra, Galway Bay, Wild Mountain Thyme, Lily of the West, Dublin in the Rare Old Times, Black Velvet Band, Whiskey in the Jar, The Town I Loved So Well
Christmas Concert (December): See Christmas concert page for more info
Instrumental Background Music Performance: Classical pieces such as Bach's Prelude in C Major, Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring, Air on the G String; Celtic instrumentals like Si Beag, Si Mhor, The Island of Woods, The South Wind; instrumental renditions of popular songs like Here Comes the Sun, Love Me Tender, and others
- Wingate Residences in Needham, Sharon, Lowell, and Chestnut Hill, MA
- Belmont Manor, Belmont, MA
- Marian Manor, South Boston, MA
- Residence at Pearl Street, Reading, MA
- The Cornerstone at Milford, Milford, MA
- Christopher Heights Assisted Living Homes in Northampton and Webster, MA
- Heywood Wakefield Commons, Gardner, MA
- Groton Council on Aging, Groton, MA
- Templeton Council on Aging, Templeton, MA
- Medway Senior Center, Medway, MA
- Wellesley Council on Aging, Wellesley, MA
- Pepperell Senior Center, Pepperell, MA
- Goddard House, Brookline, MA
- Element Care at Nevins, Methuen, MA
- Dracut Senior Center, Dracut, MA
- Ethos Healthy Aging Program, West Roxbury, MA
- Vero Health and Rehab, West Roxbury, MA
- Meadow View Center, North Reading, MA
- Coolidge House, Brookline, MA
- Rogerson Communities, Roslindale, MA
- Monarch Homes, Woburn, MA
- Roxbury Tenants Community, Mission Hill, Boston, MA
- Mt. Pleasant, Jamaica Plain, Boston, MA
- Landmark at Longwood, Mission Hill, Boston, MA
- Stonehedge Rehab, West Roxbury, MA
- Neville Place at Fresh Pond, Cambridge, MA
- Standish Village, Milton, MA
- Greenwich Manor, Greenwich, RI