Wedding & Event Music Overview
Award-winning Boston Wedding and Event Guitarist & Singer Lindsay Straw
"As soon as I found Lindsay's music online, I KNEW she was the one I wanted to play our wedding. She exceeded all of our expectations. Her voice and her guitar skills are unbelievably beautiful in person. On the day of our wedding, we had countless guests come up to us to ask where we found her and compliment her music." - Kate & Evan
"I cannot tell you how many people asked "Where did you find her, she was AMAZING!" in fact, just yesterday I was at a family birthday party and my cousins wife said " I could have listened to her all night" I think all attending would have agreed with that! Don't give it a second thought- if you are looking for a unique, beautiful voice and complete professionalism, look no further!!!" - Cara & JP
"Lindsay did a beautiful rendition of “Come to Me” and it made it even more special since it was tailored to us. She even provided us with a recording which we will treasure forever. Many guests inquired about her and commented how wonderful she was. We even got a call from the venue just a week after our reception requesting her contact information for another couple. We just can't say enough about Lindsay. She is a gifted musician with an angelic voice who made our day that much more memorable." - Marlene & Denise
Thank you for stopping by and considering me for your event! I love playing acoustic guitar and singing for wedding ceremonies, cocktail hours, parties, and all sorts of events in the greater Boston area and beyond.
Whatever I'm booked for, I always work with clients to design the perfect folky, acoustic playlist for their event. Here on my site you can find samples and song lists to choose from, plus I can offer suggestions and guide you through the planning process. My primary focus is on traditional and contemporary folk and Celtic music, but I'm also branching out into bluegrass and Americana. I cover an ever-growing list of pop, classic rock, indie, country songs from the 1930s through the 2000s, plus I play the classical wedding standard pieces like "Canon in D" and "Here Comes the Bride", all on steel-string acoustic guitar.
- I am based in Boston but am willing to travel all over New England. I regularly perform in Eastern Mass, Rhode Island, Cape Cod, Western Mass, Connecticut, and southern New Hampshire, Maine, and Vermont.
- I play for all sorts of events and in almost any setting - weddings, proposals, private parties and house concerts, senior centers and nursing homes, corporate events, company parties, celebrations, memorial services, funerals, and more.
- I primarily perform solo, singing and accompanying myself on guitar or Irish bouzouki (octave mandolin), but am also available as a duo with mandolin & violin player Jordan Santiago. More info and samples coming soon. My Irish band The Ivy Leaf also does the occasional event for Celtic music lovers!
- I provide my own sound equipment (mics, speakers, etc.) and can handle events with up to 200 guests (battery-powered available).
- I provide contracts, invoices, and W9s where applicable.
- I'm a 2010 graduate of Berklee College of Music, and I've played for over 200 weddings and countless other events!